08 December 2015

Elhiem Soviet Dismounted Tank Crew

This is another relatively new release from Matt at Elhiem under his Miscellaneous Russian's section.  Their code is OBJ15 and title is: "Russian style tank crews dismounted skirmishing".

As soon as I saw these guys I knew I had to get them.  I've always been a fan of dismounted tank crew figures for some reason - even though I wasn't 100% sure what I would use them for.

When I got them the standing figure was perfect, while the kneeling figure needed a bit of work.  The front of the chap was fine, but the rear of the figure was quite pockmarked and mishapen.  I sorted that out and this is how I painted them:

 
 
 
Very simple black uniform so easy to paint with a few highlights - weapons - faces - some insignia and you're done.

I guess I'll be using them primarily as markers - either part of an objective or to show an AFV has been immobilised - that sort of thing.

That's all for now - a bit of a surprise AFV in the next post.

Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment