30 June 2013

BMD's and BTRD

Well I didn't quite realise it at the time my my last post was my 150th post - so I'm quite chuffed with managing to make it this far!

Enough self-congratulation - on with the show.

Next up are a couple of ACE Models BMD-1s.  As I said in the last post, the under-carriage on these were a bit of a nightmare, a real lesson in pain-in-the-neckery - basically because they allow you to have the wheels up or down.  Once I had decided what to do with them and which hatches to leave open - it was all relatively straight forward. 

I added some standard Liberation Miniatures Russian Tank crew as the drivers, and did some head swaps on some more tank crew to create VDV vehicle commanders.  I'm happy with the end result - (it would of helped if I had put one of the turrets on properly!) so here they are:






At the same time I quickly worked up an old MMS BTRD and added a GRAN or ACE ZU-23 to give my VDV some more AAA.  Here it is:




And here it is with the Gaz-66 AAA from last week:



Finally here is a group shot of my most recent VDV armour:



Thanks

Richard

1 comment:

  1. I am inspired and frustrated in Equal Measure!! Everything I want to do in 15mm always seems to be 2 steps behind your work...Makes me feel like I'm always following in your wake ;) . Maybe it's were on the same wavelength, i'm just slightly out of sync?

    On a more serious note fantastic work. Congratulations on 150 posts and having 100000+ page views. Mike

    ReplyDelete